Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help Needed to Position 511B on A7

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member ngccglp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2005
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I need some assistance in positioning the 511B horn on my A7. I need the distance from the front edge of the A7 cabinet to the straight edge of the 511B horn. Compression driver used is the 802.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Take a look here:

    Link to Sound Practices site

    Take a look at the document "Application Notes on Loudspeaker Phasing".

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just place a vertical level against the front middle of the A7 cabinet and move the 511B horn forward until it touches, this works excellent, see these instructions; http://www.soundpractices.com/images/A7assem.pdf
    Good luck, Dave.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member ngccglp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 20th, 2005
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Guys. I think I can only perform mechanical alignment of the drivers. I do not have the other equipment required, and it sounds difficult.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.